- October 1, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Blogs, RO System Maintenance
Maintenance of RO System
A Reverse Osmosis water filtration system is one that can cater to your needs for clean water quite amicably and effectively. Domestic RO plant system in Pakistan is in fact a commodity that should be made compulsory for all. The reason being that the state of drinking water in Pakistan is abysmal and in order to overcome this problem, usage of a water filtration system like Reverse Osmosis must be ensured.
However, it should be remembered that while a RO system can clean your water for many years, it can’t do so without proper maintenance. With proper care, RO water filtration system can last up to 10 to 15 years.
The first thing that needs attention is the scheduled and regular changing of the RO Water Filtration System’s filters. The RO plants usually come with a number of filters that filter water at various stages. In order to know which filter is integrated in which section, it is recommended that owners consult the owner’s manual.
Maintenance of Reverse Osmosis System
1. It should be remembered that the sediment filter of your RO system needs to be changed after 12 months. This filter has been made to sift the sediment, dirt, and silt that may be present in the water. Plus, it also prevents dirt from seeping into the sensitive RO membranes. If this filter isn’t changed on time, then dirt, silt, and other impurities can reach the RO membranes and clog them.
2. The Carbon Filter is the filter designed to ensure the removal of contaminants like chlorine and so on. These contaminants affect the taste of the water and if left unchecked, can also damage the RO membrane as well. This filter too should be replaced after usage of about 12 months period.
3. The Reverse Osmosis Membrane is a filter that has been made to allow the passage of water but deter the passage of any other contaminants. If an owner is careful and ensures timely replacement of the carbon and sediment filter, then the RO Membrane should be able to last up to 2 to 3 years. However, this schedule varies across units and households as the quality of water in each household can differ.
4. Polishing Filter is a filter that is usually included in a 4 stage RO filtration system. This is the final post-filter that has been designed for the removal of any lingering odor or taste within the water. This is the filter that ensures provision of drinking water that is excellent and ideal.
Domestic RO Plants can function quite admirably if the aforementioned measures are undertaken. It should be remembered that failure to change these filters on time can bring about damage to the system. However, in some cases, the matter can be exacerbated additional as the very production of water can be affected as well. That is why if you feel that water flow from RO Faucet is reduced then perhaps it is time to swap out the filters in your system to enhance conditions.